- Introduction of the course and its context
- Definition of social entrepreneurship & venture philanthropy vs. charity work & business donations
- The global poverty situation
- Social needs that are being unmet and could be alleviated through social entrepreneurship & venture philanthropy
- Examples of successful social businesses & venture philanthropy
- The local situation in Hong Kong and relevant actors.
- Overview of the course and its logistics.
- Presentations by social business partner organizations. Q&A.
- “Speed-dating” mingling session for students and social venture partner organizations after class.
Guest speakers: Social venture partner organizations
Pre-course survey and preferences for social venture partner organization to be sent to the course TA by Feb 13th.
BACK TO COURSE